Thursday, August 25, 2011

Go To Your Room

My 2 yr old talks like an adult, clear, concise, and to the point... Lately however, she has decided to start crying and whining for no reason.  Well, there is a reason, and it's called "an 8 month old baby brother".  I can understand that she wants attention, which we try to give her as much as possible.

Sometimes though, she cries REALLY for no reason, so my thing lately has been to tell her: "Look honey, when you feel like crying and you can't explain to me why, you go to your room and you cry as much as you want, let it all out, then you come out relaxed and talk to me. If you talk to us while crying we can't understand you".  That seems to work, because she cries and suddenly stops as if nothing happened.

The other day, her great-grandma was saying good bye and my daughter didn't feel like giving her a kiss, so grandma says "Baby, if you don't give me a kiss, I'm going to cry !!!!"  My daughter's immediate response:

"Grandma, if you are gonna cry go to your room!!!!"  >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment